Stunt Granny Audio #24
It’s the first Stunt Granny Audio of 2009! Dusty and Eric wax intellectual about WGN hosting a new/possibly rehashed WWE program on its stations, including what the show might look like and how this new network might open doors for the wrestling company. The two talk a little about Barry Windham, other second-generation wrestlers who are far better than Barry Windham, and why WWE lawyer Jerry McDevitt is a bad-ass. Eric also pimps an indy show near him (NWA No Limits in Iowa City this Friday, featuring former WWE and TNA wrestlers), so ya better listen to us, and ya better listen real, real good!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
I went ahead and looked at the WWE Roster pages and compiled my own Top 5 guys to fire list. Now there are guys I see potential in that they are doing nothing with at the moment who have escaped the chopping block but here are the “5 Fat Around the Edges” that I think have to go:
1. R-Truth – I see nothing in this guy. He gets a crowd reaction because he comes thorugh the crowd. Spinning around after every move in not cool offense and if you’re whole gimmick is wrapping you should at least TRY to do it well. Oh, and what the f*ck is sticking out of his chin?
2. Deuce Snuka – He has no redeeming qualities in his character. The guy is obviously not committed as he’s been wrestling with a shirt on while he should have been keeping in shape in the time he was sitting at home and off the road.
3. Jesse – drop the mini sidekick and let Festus go off on his own. He’s built like a 5 foot fire hydrant but doesnt have the charisma a guy like Jamie “By God” Noble brings.
4. Primo Colon – Carlito got all the charisma and even as lazy as he is still has twice the ringwork as little brother. Primo’s gotta go.
5. Boogeyman – the gimmick only works around Halloween as 1-dimensional as it is. Unless they are going to turn him heel and feud with Taker, he’s useless to the roster
Honorable Fatties :
Tommy Dreamer – He helped get Swagger over but he’ll be even older and fatter by the time another rookie with great potential comes through the WWE pipeline
Gavin Spears – Gavin…really…Gavin?
I agree with the first five, definitely Deuce, who makes me want to drop one every time I see him. Maybe Dreamer can be moved into some office/stooge job, and I’m not ready to give up on Gavin “Yes, Gavin, I Don’t Like It Either” Spears just yet. -Eric