– TNA is trying to copy the WWE again and failing miserably. Eric Young won a ten man gauntlet battle royal. I feel like they’re trying to make Eric Young the big underdog that the WWE made out of Daniel Bryan. It’s also just a tad bit convenient that they both have beards and crazy hair. They’re both undersized wrestlers. They’ve both been around for a while. Unfortunately for TNA, those surfaces similarities is where things stop. Let’s go point by point.
– Underdog Status: Eric Young has been “under appreciated” his whole career in TNA is what he claims. Which is similar to, Daniel Bryan’s underdog, B+ status except that Bryan has proved it in the ring for the last four years in the WWE. Before that, he was one of the most respected in ring competitors for years in Ring of Honor before it was terrible. Eric Young has proven that he’s a capable wrestler over his ten year stint in TNA. Capable is nowhere near most respected worker in the business. Win: Daniel Bryan.
– Crazy Beard & Crazy Hair: Both of them do indeed have large beards. One could make the argument that Young’s hair type makes his beard thicker than the Bryan beard that lays flat and straight. The crazy hair is where Young loses me. He’s going bald both in the back and receding in the front. Bryan just let’s that stuff grow hippie style which looks scrongey to me but it is a style that works for him. Win: Daniel Bryan.
– Undersized & Been Around: I lumped these together because they have both partially been covered in the above topics. Young is not the wrestler that Bryan is. So his underdog gimmick is not believable. Another reason it isn’t believable is because Young hasn’t faced top flight competition. Daniel Bryan had Randy Orton “beaten” before HHH Pedigreed him. He had also beaten other top competition. Young has beaten no one. He didn’t even get to beat Abyss in their feud! Young hasn’t advanced his career in ten years. I don’t care if he ever hosted a barely watched TV show on Animal Planet. Bryan has worked his ass off for fifteen years and progressing at a solid pace. He is undersized so he has more to prove than your average wrestler. Considering he just captured the WWE Title at Wrestlemania XXX, I’d say he’s advanced as high as you can in professional wrestling. Win: Daniel Bryan.
– Holy Shit: I never read spoilers so if this was posted I didn’t know about it. TNA actually had Eric Young win the TNA Title like Bryan just did. Just an incredibly dumb decision. I thought for sure since he got the shot on a “regular” Thursday night broadcast that he’d lose to Magnus. So I was more surprised at this victory than Bryan’s but that’s not a good thing. He shouldn’t win your most important title for the reasons listed above. For all of the dumb decisions TNA has made, this is the biggest. Ever. I apologize to Ring of Honor now for publishing the article directly below this one. You are absolved of all sins. Epic Fail: TNA.