Here they are, the top two matches from WrestleMania VII: Superstars and Stripes Forever! The easy first-place winner is Ultimate Warrior vs. Randy Savage in a career match with an ending that either brings tears to everyone’s eyes, or their shoes are on too tight. Second place took a little prodding but went to the underrated tag team title match between the Hart Foundation and the Nasty Boys, managed by Jimmy Hart, who of course “knows all your weaknesses,” Hart Foundation! Cackle cackle cackle! (Come on, even at 11 years old, who didn’t think it was suspect that Jimmy Hart was wearing a motorcycle helmet to ringside?)
This coming Monday’s “Raw 1,000″ will feature the marriage of Daniel Bryan and AJ, and in their honor, we present to you the finest wedding moments in WWE history. Of course, a “fine wrestling wedding” is like being the prettiest waitress at Denny’s, but that hasn’t stopped WWE from booking cringe-inducing wedding angles for years. In fact, let’s skip the first actual ceremony (it’s split into two 11-minute parts on YouTube, and I will not do that to you fine people) and get right into the WWF’s first wedding reception, for Paul “Butcher” Vachon and Ophelia. Welcome to the slowest god damn food fight in history:
WWF learned so much from the atrocity of this segment that they… held the next one, between Uncle Elmer and Joyce on a high-cost episode of NBC’s “Saturday Night’s Main Event.” Good lord, Vince McMahon could have poached a bald eagle on TV back then and it would have drawn a 10-point-0.
Possibly the greatest marriage angle of all time featured Macho Man Randy Savage and his long-time love, Miss Elizabeth. Audiences fell in love with the demure Elizabeth at first sight, but for years, Savage abused her verbally and occasionally took advantage of her presence physically. After a two-year on-screen split, Elizabeth returned to Savage’s side in a moment of need, and there wasn’t a dry seat in the house.
Mid-1991 brought a change of heart for the “Macho Man,” as he got down on one knee and proposed to the woman we all explored our bodies to:
Filed under: WWE News | Tagged: AJ, butcher vachon, Col. Parker, Daniel Bryan, Edge, Joyce, Lita, Macho Man Randy Savage, Miss Elizabeth, Ophelia, Paul Vachon, Sister Sherri, Stephanie McMahon, Triple H, Uncle Elmer, Undertaker, Vickie Guerrero, WWE, WWF, WWF weddings | 2 Comments »
In our ongoing effort to provide you up to the minute Randy Savage news, we turn to our old friend Jason Powell:
There is an ad on Philadelphia’s version of Craigslist for a man who wants to dress up like Randy “Macho Man” Savage and perform a variety of his signature wrestling moves on a woman dressed up like Elizabeth. The man even claims to have purchased several Elizabeth style dresses.”The job is as follows,” reads the listing. “I will be dressed and acting as Macho Man Randy Savage and you will be acting as Miss Elizabeth. I come out to ‘Pomp and Circumstance’ and once I’m done entering the ring we will improvise an argument. You will slap me across the face and then I will [perform various wrestling moves]…
“Don’t worry about getting hurt. I have been practicing on a dummy and I have made a ring in my basement with 4 mattresses and ropes. You are also allowed to bring any amount of people with you to watch the show so you feel safe. They are allowed to make signs and cheer along to add to the match’s atmosphere.” To read the listing, visit Philadelphia.Craigslist.org. [Thanks to the Dot Net reader who sent this item]
Powell’s POV: He’s been practicing on a dummy in his basement!!! The guy is willing to pay $500 in most cases, but up to $1,000 to women who look like Elizabeth. If any readers take him up on the offer, I would love to be one of the people who accompany you so that I can bring signs like “Depraved Horny Loser,” “Castration Candidate,” and “Just Rub One Out And Be Done With It, You Freaking D-Bag.” Please let this air via online pay-per-view.
I used to wrestle the couch cushions at home when I was a kid. I never dressed like Randy Savage while doing it, though. I had a Ric Flair robe, baby! WOOOOOOOOOOO! – Dusty
Filed under: Misc. News | Tagged: $1000, $500, Craigslist, Jason Powell, macho man, Miss Elizabeth, Philadelphia, Pomp and Circumstance, Randy Savage, what the hell is in the water in Philadelphia | Leave a Comment »
If you followed our Twitter account I made the comment that it was near the end of Raw and no tribute or further mention of Randy Savage was made. It wasn’t a surprise since he has been persona non grata for WWE for quite sometime. Hell, they even reached out to The Ultimate Warrior for a Hall of Fame induction but not Savage. So, around 10:33 eastern Jerry Lawler finally gave the old time fans what they wanted. He introduced this video tribute to The Macho Man. Is it good, well, I got misty by the end. So I guess?
Anyway, the video was careful to show Randy mostly during his WWF days. Sure there are some shots of his WCW run but not the end of his run. It was a good decision. Most people remember him from WWF. Actually, I’d bet a lot more remember him from the Slim Jim commercials. So here, it’s a Youtube video by WWE so it won’t be removed anytime soon. -Jeremy
1. Cheese - Some people just can’t get enough of it. Some of those people should try to get less of it. - Eric
2. MVP - He’s been all over the wrestling media in the past week, promoting New Japan’s first big visit to the U.S. In the process, he’s been very well spoken about what he liked and grew to dislike about WWE’s evolving style to more kid-friendly, PG “entertainment.” Search it all out, it’s all totally worth the read. - Eric
3. Maryse - Hotsy totsy, did you see that picture Jeremy and Kevin posted for Stunt Granny Audio #142? If that doesn’t make you harder than a left turn in front of the mall, you have no soul. - Eric
4. Chris Harris, Mick Foley & Chyna - These three were supposed to be surprises this week on iMPACT! Since I don’t read spoilers, I was surprised by Harris’ appearance especially since it was his bloated brother that got the gig. I was surprised by Mick Foley because I assumed it would be Dixie Carter. Finally, I knew it was Chyna but was surprised that she looked somewhat with it. What doesn’t surprise me is the fact that I am completely underwhelmed with this treasure trove of surprises. - Kevin
5. Jason Bane - I know my viewing habits are a little behind for Pro Wrestling Ohio so this item could have been posted a couple of weeks ago. After going long spans for PWO Title reigns, Agent Aaron Maguire’s latest client “The Megastar” Marion Fontaine dropped the strap to “The Most Dominant Man in PWO.” It is the second time within the past couple of months that the title changed. I’ll hope that it stays around his waist until Wrestlelution. Congratulations to Jason Bane though. - Kevin
6. TNA Sacrifice - Samoa Joe is feuding with Crimson but isn’t on the PPV. AJ Styles is feuding with Bully Ray but isn’t on the PPV. Mr. Kennedy is feuding with, well, everyone, but isn’t on the PPV. Chris Harris is sad looking and out of shape and he has no feud but he is on the PPV. A guy named Max Buck is on the PPV but not having anal sex with another man. Chyna is on the PPV although she has been out of wrestling and forgotten for a long while. Order estimation- 14,000 or so. - Jeremy
7. Smackdown - Christian and Randy Orton proved to be ratings flops. As the flag carriers for the Friday night broadcast this should be troubling but then it isn’t Monday Night Raw so who cares. - Jeremy
8. Bill DeMott – Since I’m trying to push our Twitter account, I’ll pimp the Tough Enough trainer @BillDeMott since @StuntGranny follows him. My favorite tweet for this week “I have decided how I will answer all those with #Negative comments………theres your answer.enjoy the day-BD”. - Kevin
9. Living in the past – 2011 – 1997 = 14:
Hulk Hogan vs. Sting is the current plan for the Bound for Glory main event, although not etched in stone. When asked, Hogan said right now he’s 50% about doing another match, according to an interview on the “Monday Night Mayhem” radio show. “If you would have asked me two months ago, I would have said no way. If I could get six and a half months (since the most recent fusion surgery) under my belt, I’d pretty much know the answer to that. If I did land wrong or something, just don’t know if all this hardware and stuff would hold together.” Watching Hogan walking on Impact this past week, the idea of doing a match, unless it’s a tag and he’s in for one spot and never does anything that requires movement or falling, looks like a very bad idea. The guy can barely walk. Considering how badly hurt he gets every time he wrestles, this seems really sad to even consider it. Maybe for a million dollar payday you can justify the risk, but him wrestling at this stage won’t move the needle at all unless he says it’s his retirement match (wouldn’t work in storyline since he’s the heel) and goes on all the talk shows to promote it, and even then, with wrestlers and retirements, that may end up meaning nothing for business at this stage.
10. Elijah Burke – Blew this popstand:
According to TheElijahExpress.com, D’Angelo Dinero, also known as Elijah Burke, has graduated with a degree of high honors in Criminal Justice. This could have been what he was alluding to on May 13th with various tweets, including one Thursday night that read: “My time has come, It’s time to move on. I’ve served well. Hope none has been disappointed; hope my hard work has been Applauded&Appreciated
11. Brother Love’s floating head – I just, there are no words:
Filed under: Stunt Granny Big 11 | Tagged: Aaron Maguire, AJ Styles, Akeem, Big Boss Man, Bound For Glory, Brother Love, Bully Ray, cheese, Chris Harris, Christian, Chyna, D'Angelo Dinero, Dixie Carter, Elijah Burke, Hulk Hogan, Impact, Impact Wrestling, Jason Bane, Marion Fontaine, Maryse, Max Buck, Mick Foley, Miss Elizabeth, Monday Night Raw, Mr. Kennedy, MVP, New Japan, Pro Wrestling Ohio, Randy Orton, Randy Savage, Samoa Joe, Slick, Smackdown, Sting, The Pope, The Twin Towers, TNA, Wrestlelution, WWE | 5 Comments »